Friday, August 16, 2013

Running2Reunite Video Update

Hi, me again. I made this little video (< 2mins) last evening after my last training run before the "race" tomorrow morning at 6:45 (really just a "run" for me since I am not trying to win anything except your support ;-)


I wanted to be sure that you know that through this run I am currently raising money to reunite TWO families in the next month. The first is the family from Sudan that was recently on the local news as a generous woman from Salt Lake City has worked very hard to get half of the family members home just last week. When I learned that there were 4 more members still stuck in Uganda awaiting plane tickets I had to jump in and make up the difference so they could be reunited after 5 long years! You can watch their story here.

Later the same day I committed to help this family above I was contacted by my long-time African brother, Joachim Fayani, about another family in very difficult circumstances. The wife/mother has been in California for a couple of years since fleeing Eastern Africa for her courageous efforts to advocate for the rights of girls and women in her country. She literally fled for her life and is safe here in America now but her family remains at risk. We have to get them reunited ASAP.

I am running tomorrow in the Park City Half Marathon to represent these good families who will continue to be separated unless those who CAN help DO help.

Please visit http://bridgestoamerica.org/donate/ to support these families.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment