Saturday, August 25, 2012

Finished but NOT Satisfied

Well, I only accomplished one of my goals today in the half marathon: FINISHING!

I ran a 2:05 which is about 2 minutes slower than my personal best and 5 minutes behind my elusive goal to break 2 hours!  I will say that in 3 half marathons in 3 years I am pretty consistent: 2:03, 2:08, 2:05.  For whatever that's worth.  I would like to be a little inconsistent now if that means faster. ;-)

Here is a link to my official results.

http://www.milliseconds.com/participants/detail/806885941

I have to tell you that I don't think I can sit around and wait another year to break two hours so, despite needing to relax for about a week, I think I am going to seek another half in the next month and give it a better shot.

Thanks to everyone who supported me.  We raised over $500 for Bridges To America for our current projects.  If you haven't already donated please take a minute to consider doing so.  Seriously, even $10 helps our cause and you get a tax deduction.  Not sure how anyone loses with that deal!

Stay tuned...

Mika and I before the race in 49 degree morning weather!
After--Happy to be done and a little warmer.


2 comments:

  1. Good job Adam. Nothing to be ashamed of in your finish time. The only failure is the one never attempted. I've got the program set to DVR tonight. Let me check my $$ and I'll try to send you a check.

    ReplyDelete