Thursday, March 22, 2012

Catching up

We are back to the relative civilization of Accra tonight after spending the most amazing, gritty, challenging 96 hours of my life on the rescue mission.  The picture above is the result of the mission taken just a few short hours ago as these four freed children (Akbene, Kojo, Michael, and Nesty) pose for pictures outside their new home at the rehabilitation center here where they will spend the next 3 months or so.

I could write a book on our adventure but I need more power, WIFI, and mental strength to do so and that won't be happening tonight.  I promise to start to fill in details from my journal as we reluctantly begin the journey home in less than 24 short hours.

Mikaelyn, the rest of the team and I are safe and sound and so blessed to have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment