Saturday, February 23, 2013

Water

I was going through past photos today to select my favorites for the new website we are creating and I came across this one and had to share.

I took this shot on the shores of Lake Volta in March 2012. I am guessing this boy is about 8 years old.  It was early in the morning and already "Africa" hot.

This water is filthy.  If you look behind him you can see trash on the beach and just outside the shot is a large, rusted ferry boat getting ready to take travelers across this gigantic lake.  I saw people bathing in this water, cleaning motorbikes, going to the bathroom, etc.  To think that someone, a little kid no less, has no choice but to drink this bacteria-ridden water is really appalling.

In my work with Bridges To America in Africa I have come to realize that the root cause of problems that exist in poor countries (poverty, disease, education, etc.) is a lack of clean water and food.



That is why I am so glad to be working with the great team at People Water. These guys aren't just cool, they have big hearts and a big vision to change the world by solving one of our most basic problems: clean water.

With their Drop For Drop mission every bottle they sell People Water gives an equal amount of clean water to a person in need.

We will be selling People Water at our fundraiser at Pizza Pie Cafe this Monday through Thursday (Feb 25th-28th) for $2.00/bottle.  By purchasing a bottle you can do three things at once: quench your thirst, help a person without clean drinking water, and support us in our mission of reuniting African families and teaching children everywhere to live a life worthy of their best dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment