Monday, September 19, 2011

Done!

Whew!  Sometimes people use the word marathon like it's not that big of a deal (instead of 26.2 miles) but until you've actually done one I don't think you realize just how far 26.2 miles is to run!  I now know.  It's far!!  In addition to the distance we had rain, thunder and lightning, and even hail...twice!

I am glad to have this behind me but I must tell you just 48 hours later I actually don't think this will be my last.  I broke no land speed records finishing it in just over 5 hours but since this was my first marathon I did set a personal best. ;-)


You can see my results here:

http://results.milliseconds.com/participants/detail/806532714

Most importantly we raised a lot of money for Bridges To America and I am so grateful for those generous donors who toed the starting line with me in spirit and support.  To those of you who haven't taken the chance to donate yet please consider doing so as we will need even more support to reach the finish line of building a library in Africa.



Here are a few pictures taken courtesy of my dad who was there for the final grueling 6 miles or so.

Celebrating 20 miles with the entire aid station!*


Only a 10k left?  Well that shouldn't be too hard, right?  All I could do was smile.




Finishing 24 miles!  Amazed I could still count at this point.



Finishing strong with support from my team.
See you next year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment