Monday, August 23, 2010

URGENT--Fundraiser Alert!!

Fresh from our recent success in reuniting the Egbukonye Family I am happy to announce that we are launching a new fundraising effort this week. Here are the details:

I have registered to compete in the Top of Utah Half Marathon (http://www.topofutahmarathon.com/half) THIS Saturday in Logan, Utah. I have never run a half marathon race before and, in fact, have only ever competed in a handful of 5k races over the years. I have been preparing for this race and do feel ready but with 13.1 miles between me and the finish line this Saturday morning at 7AM dare I say that anything can happen??

Here are two options to pledge donations:

1. $/mile. You can pledge a dollar amount per mile I actually run. I plan to finish the 13.1 miles so if you pledge $1/mile then you would donate $13. $5/mile = $65 donation, $10/mile = $130, etc. If I don't finish (unlikely I hope) then you would donate your $ amount per mile for each mile I actually complete.

2. Speed Bonus. I have been training to run this race in under 2 hours. I hope to do that but there is no guarantee that I will. For the record, my fastest run so far (this past weekend) was 11 miles in 1:49. IF, I finish the race in under 2:00:00 you can pledge a bonus. For example, a flat amount of $25, $50, $100, etc. This can be in addition to Option #1 above or as a stand alone pledge.

Either way, please consider using this pledge as a way to motivate me to excel in this race while making a tax-deductible donation to a great charity.

Email me with your pledge at bridgestoamerica@gmail.com. Call me anytime with questions: 415.203.3763.

No comments:

Post a Comment